Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A veteran came to visit us!

 So, this happened today. Carlos Constanzo, City of Miami fire fighter, came to visit us. He is a Marine veteran, firefighter, husband and dad to 3 spectacular kids. He brought the kids some special frozen pencils and camouflage ones too. The dog tags and necklaces for the girls were icing on the cake. It was so appreciated! Of course I was so surprised that I even forgot to take a picture of him and the kids. I hope he returns and we can have another opportunity to talk to him. The kids asked so many questions! Did you die? Do you have the guns? Do you still have your uniform? Are you Mrs. Ruiz's father? That one was especially funny since I remember holding him as a baby. I was a teenager! This was important to my kids! They met a real veteran! Authentic experiences cement concepts in their minds. I know they will always remember today.

No comments:

Post a Comment