Thursday, August 15, 2013

Organizing for Instruction

I have been working this summer on organizing my life! Which means my classroom of course. Thanks to Pinterest and Deanna Jump I am becoming an organized teacher. Not that I haven't been, but I now have systems in place to ensure organizing me and therefore my kids.
My student files for graded student work is located next to my desk.
These files are my catch-all. This is where I put all my things that don't have a place yet or are not put away as of yet. This way they are not all piled up, one on top of each other.
My desk is still cluttered, but I need to put away my receipts, give the books to my former students, feed my apple some post-its, etc.
We decided as a grade group to use binders for HW/communication folder. I love this one-stop shop for all information.
I found this idea on pinterest! Inspired from Mrs. Jump. This is a plastic baggie, reinforced by cool duct tape and used for money collection. We are always collecting money for something. Money for pizza, chocolate, field trips, etc. This way I don't have to say "Who gave me this dollar?".
There are three transparent pockets. One for the behavior chart, one for Homework and one for forms.
Made labels with student names for everything! Found a cute student pic for each label.
Under my kidney table is a place for office supplies. They are out of students' eyesight.
Right now this is next to the table, but my custodian promised me tomorrow to either lend me his tool so I can raise the table a bit or he will do it himself. I hope it's the latter. :/
More labels!
I used Mrs. Jump's organization of books by theme and used labels with the same picture on each book so the kids can help keep it this organized.
Manipulatives labeled!


Daily supplies labeled today.

Looking forward to keeping it organized while concentrating on instruction.

1 comment:

  1. Love the book organization and the use of the kidney space. The manipulatives area looks fantastic how you decorated it...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete