Thursday, August 8, 2013

The day before yesterday we had Kindergarten Orientation. About half of all our parents came to meet the team and find out what to expect that first week of school. Some of the kids came also, they were so scared. One mom even cried a little just thinking about leaving her daughter at school. I think there will be more parent tears than kid tears that day.
 I want to thank Ashley, my niece, and my mom for helping me in my class today. I also want to thank my lovely daughter, Janie, for helping me last week in my classroom. She took time out to give me one day before she moved to South Carolina for 2 years. I miss her so much. I guess it really doesn't matter how old they are, moms always cry when their kids start new adventures.

1 comment:

  1. If you ever need a helping hand just ask I understand how hectic it is from time to time. It is an exciting time the students and parents plus a little jitters are in there too. However, you have such a warm loving class those jitters soon disappear..good luck Mrs. Ruiz! See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete