Thursday, December 3, 2015

ON the third day of December













Today we made Santa Claus, he will hold our Santa letter tomorrow. The kids cut their hearts out! They followed directions and were very proud of their Santa's. They want to take them home so badly. Every story we have read this week has been about Santa. Santa's friend, Pete the cat, has saved Christmas, we read about a very noisy Santa and How Santa first got his job in the first place.  Tomorrow we will read a book that tells about the history of Santa.

I got to share something personal and fun with my class. Julie's (my oldest daughter's) stocking! I have every Santa letter she ever wrote in that stocking. She started at age 3 and I have the last one at age 22 (she actually e-mailed it to me when she was a Grad student in Boston). They all follow the same format. Dear Santa, I have been a good girl....please bring me 1., 2...3...4...5... PS. I left you some milk and cookies, please enjoy! Love, Julie

As I have read a few each day to my students they have laughed, asked questions, and wondered why she asked for such few things. Only 4! Only 5! etc.  I started thinking about the abundance of presents you DON'T have to give your children for them to grow up to be great people. Save one for giving.  Each year we would buy a present for a needy child in our community. We would pick an angel from the tree at the mall, buy it and then turn it in with the angel name. It's an important lesson that as we receive we must be thankful and give. As Pete the cat says "give it your all".

My girls are the most caring people I know. I am so proud of that. They are amazing adults and volunteer as well as work a job. We are not rich in money, but we all give and help others as much as we can.

Always teach your children to give thanks and express gratitude in some way. This world needs us, parents, who are willing to show by example to make it a better place for all.

-Mrs.Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment